24 August, 2021
Georgian Public Health Expert and Healthcare Advisor to the UN Secretary-General, Dr Giorgi Pkhakadze, names the tools against coronavirus and offers recommendations to the public:
"One tool, method, or means cannot work against this wicked virus.
Eleven methods that will help us fight against this wicked virus are as follows:
1. social distance;
2. medical facemasks;
3. washing hands;
4. avoiding touching the face;
5. refraining from visiting public places;
6. regular testing and managing clusters;
7. adequate ventilation;
8. information leaflets and massages provided by the government (40% of billboards, information provided via radio /television, internet, etc.). Funding people and businesses to whom/which the pandemic dealt a heavy blow;
9. strict control of quarantine;
10. accelerated Pfizer vaccination rate;
11. introducing the electronic COVID card and making the majority of services available via it.
Be safe,'' Dr Pkhakadze wrote.